Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vernacular High Life

This is an art piece that I made for Christi Robinson back in February (while I was deep in the creative territory of the GPL Book Arts Project).  I just gave it to her Friday night at dinner because we haven't really had a chance to hang out in awhile.
















It is entitled High Life, and is made from reclaimed wood, beer can tin, beer bottle caps and quotes from Jack Kerouac, Ray LaMontayne, & Robert Frost.  Eric was kind enough to sacrifice his time by consuming certain wheat-contaminated adult beverages so that I could create the piece that I wanted for Christi.  He's sweet that way.































You cannot tell that Howard Finster and Jean-Michel Basquiat are two of my favorite outsider artists, right?

No comments: