In preparation for building a deck on the back of the house (one day), we had the AC compressor/condenser unit thingy (technical terms) moved to the side of the house. The process was capably handled by AC expert and all-around great guy, Chad Brewer.
|Green truck in green landscape.|
The following week, I decided to paint our small back deck because it had been poorly painted/stained by the previous owner and was showing some serious signs of wear. As Eric and I looked it over during the scraping process, we noticed several rotting boards. And, when Eric pulled on the stairs to see how difficult it would be to remove them from the deck, they released effortlessly...a scary thing to witness, considering how we had no idea how rotted out the support and facing boards were.
As with many home projects, the quick paint job of one weekend turned into several days of tear-out and rebuild BEFORE any priming and painting could ever happen. And after about two weeks (we are having quite the rainy season again this year) and much gnashing of teeth later, the deck paint job was done. No longer known as the deck of death...