Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Super Fat Tuesday!

I Voted ! Now I'm looking forward to November.

I have just cracked open my well-worn copy of Jon Stewart's America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction and am looking for one of my favorite quotes. It is from a fictitious letter written by Don King as a closing to the 2004 elections. I share it here with you as a "Here's to November" toast:

Now, the debates have been debated, the orations orated, the ads negated; the mud flung, labels hung, accusations slung and the swing states swung. Tonight, in association with the Founding Fathers and Don King Production, we will bear splendiferous witness to a frenzied fracas of grandiloquemetudinous proportions as one of these two men earns himself the title of Commander-in-Chief and Leader of the Free World.

Damn, but I love this crazy country!

Now, what am I going to give up for Lent...not wine or meat...French cheese perhaps? Mmmm, brie...

No comments: