Friday, August 9, 2013

Biscuit Rain



Eric and I were in the kitchen the other night, he rummaging around in the catch-all drawer while I was standing in the doorway thinking of scouring pads and abrasive cleaners, when we had one of those moments that every couple who have been together for a long time has:  one person speaks their interior monologue while the other person selectively miss-overhears what is spoken. 

Eric:  “Something, something, something…biscuit rain.”

Me (Snapping out of my trance):  “Biscuit rain?  Is that anything like acid rain, but with biscuits?”

Eric:  “I said, ‘There’s that biscuit ring.  Not biscuit rain.’”

Me (Disappointed):  “Oh.  But wouldn’t biscuit rain be cool?”

Eric:  “Polluting our atmosphere with unnaturally high levels of buttermilk?”

Yeah, he went there.  And I love him for it.

1 comment:

Eric Wright said...

Something Something cathead